In 1947 Werner Hagenkötter founded the family company as a stainless steel wholesaler. This company is today run by the third generation of the family. Until the Henckel stainless steel plant in Solingen closed in 1964 it was its sole representative.
Since 1965 Hagenkötter has collaborated with various German steel plants as a result of which its product range has expanded significantly.
High-grade steel cast products were added to the product range in the middle of the 60s. Hagenkötter quickly established itself as a supplier of cast consumable parts for blasting machines.